|Porting a Masked Bitmap From Macromedia® FreeHand 8®||Buy Graphics & DTP Software!|
|Books on Graphics & DTP|
|Graphics & DTP Training CDs|
1. Launch FreeHand 8 and File > Import command to embed or link a bitmap image, then create the mask with the pen. This is what the image looks like with nothing selected:
2. Click View > Keyline to view the mask:
3. Click File > Output Options, then uncheck "Convert RGB to process" since this example is an RGB image. Select a flatness of 3 so the mask will conform closely to the curves.
4. Click File > Print. In the print dialog select the Distiller® Assistant printer driver, then click the "Setup" button.
5. In the Separations tab select "Composite".
6. The output options (in step 3 above) are also available on the Imaging tab. Click "OK", to return to the print dialog, then click "OK" to print.
7. Distiller prompts you for a filename. Enter a filename or accept the default, then click "Save".