A mask is a vector path which allows part of an object to show while blocking out the rest effectively making part of it transparent. A mask in an illustration program is functionally equivalent to a clipping path in an image editor (more).
1. Take for example a photo. You can create a mask which will knockout the background.
2. Using the Pen, draw a path around the bird in the photo.
3. This is a view of the path only.
4. When the path is made into a mask and combined with the background image, the background becomes transparent.
5. Masks can be made to create many kinds of effects. A type mask can be combined with a background photo.
6. This is the mask created by converting type to curves.
7. This is the type mask when combined with the background image.
Apple (1) bitmap (7) Buttons (1) clipping path (2) Color Cast (1) Colors (1) CorelDraw (17) curves (1) Distortion (1) download (1) Effects (6) Export (1) extrude (2) File Types (2) Frames (1) Freehand (1) Gadget (1) Hardware (1) Illustration (8) levels (1) logo (1) Mac (4) mask (7) mesh (1) Newsletter (1) Office (1) PC (3) Pen (5) photography (1) photopaint (4) Photoshop (2) Platforms (3) plugin (1) pointers (1) PostScript (1) practice (1) Printing (1) RAVE (1) shortcuts (3) Site planing (1) Text (6) Theory (7) tips (1) Training (8) tricks (5) Vector (6) Web (1) Web Page (2)
How to Draw Hands: 35 Tutorials, How-To’s, Step-by-Steps, Videos, Studies, Poses and Photo References | Drawn in BlackHow to Draw Hands: 35 Tutorials, How-To’s, Step-by-Steps, Videos, Studies, Poses and Photo References 21 Comments | October 19, 2009 I’ve ...
The Aging Process - Worth1000 Tutorials
by Steve Bain With the introduction of powerful new drawing aids in CorelDRAW® 12, the Corel engineering team needed to change a key featur...
Grumplebits said 5 years ago I've been asked several times by different members to post a tutorial on how I age-progress a person. So, ...
By Steve Bain Has anyone ever known you well enough to finish your sentences? Well, that's how the powerful new drawing tool in CorelD...
The most common way to create a layout is to use guidelines to help you align all the elements in the document. But when you need to change...
by Steve Bain If you're one of the millions of professional illustrators, designers, or layout artists who use CorelDRAW® Graphics Sui...
Drawing - drawing guide books Hotfile Rapidshare Fileserve Megaupload Downloads - UniqueWarez.com
Complete Course of Cartoon Drawing megaupload » Free Downloads RapidShare Megaupload Mediafire Torrents HotFile Uploading Easy-Share FileFactory Vip-File SharedComplete Course of Cartoon Drawing megaupload » Free Downloads RapidShare Megaupload Mediafire Torrents HotFile Uploading Easy-Share FileFac...
- Creating GEL Text
- Blossoming Ideas for Cool Distortion Effects
- Snap to It with CorelDRAW® 12
- A Clever New CorelDRAW® 12 Drawing Tool
- Using Corel PHOTO-PAINT 12 to Enhance Your Digital...
- Creating Web Pages In Corel R.A.V.E.™ 3.0
- Tile Printing From CorelDRAW® Graphics Suite 12
- Demystifying the CorelDRAW® Graphics Suite 12 Post...
- New Dynamic Guides Will Change the Way You Draw
- How to create a newsletter with CorelDRAW 12
- Stepping into Color Management with CorelDRAW Grap...
- Is It Time for a Pen Tablet?
- CorelDRAW® 12 Node Tracking: Friend or Foe?
- Design Your Own Picture Frames in Corel PHOTO-PAIN...
- Office Suite Exporting Made Easy with CorelDRAW 12...
- Fixing Sunny Day Shadows and Color Casts with Core...
- CorelDRAW Tutorials Create Classic Masterpieces i...
- Understanding Macintosh® and Windows® File Types
- Setting Up a Mac®-Win Network
- Two Ways To Port Files Across Platforms
- Porting Files Across Platforms: Overview
- Separating A Mask From A Cropped Bitmap In CorelDR...
- Extracting Clipping Paths From Corel PHOTO-PAINT
- Moving Clipping Paths Between Photoshop and Corel®...
- Porting Masked Bitmaps Between Illustration Progra...
- Porting a Masked Bitmap From Macromedia® FreeHand ...
- Porting a Masked (Cropped) Bitmap From CorelDRAW
- Using Masks in Illustration Programs
- Shortcuts And Pointers For The Pen
- Shortcuts And Pointers For The Pen
- Pen Tutorial Practice Templates
- Keyboard Shortcuts For The Pen Examples
- Keyboard Shortcuts For The Pen
- Working With Primitives (Predefined Shapes)
- The Anatomy of a Vector Illustration Part 4 - Summ...
- The Anatomy of a Vector Illustration Part 3A
- The Anatomy of a Vector Illustration Part 3
- The Anatomy of a Vector Illustration Part 2
- The Anatomy of a Vector Illustration Part 1
- Creating a Cracked Text Effect with Corel DRAW!
- Applying Mesh Fill
- Snap Art from Alien Skin Software
- Creating Animated Logos with Corel DRAW!
- Creating Drop Shadows with Corel DRAW!
- Creating 3D Buttons with Corel DRAW!
- Creating Contoured Text with Corel DRAW!
- Creating 3D Textured Text with Corel DRAW!
- Creating Complex Shapes with Corel DRAW!
- Creating Yahoo! Style Buttons with Corel DRAW!
- Creating a Page Curl Effect with Corel DRAW!
- ▼ February (50)
Powered by Blogger.