A mask is a vector path which allows part of an object to show while blocking out the rest effectively making part of it transparent. A mask in an illustration program is functionally equivalent to a clipping path in an image editor (more).
1. Take for example a photo. You can create a mask which will knockout the background.
2. Using the Pen, draw a path around the bird in the photo.
3. This is a view of the path only.
4. When the path is made into a mask and combined with the background image, the background becomes transparent.
5. Masks can be made to create many kinds of effects. A type mask can be combined with a background photo.
6. This is the mask created by converting type to curves.
7. This is the type mask when combined with the background image.
Apple (1) bitmap (7) Buttons (1) clipping path (2) Color Cast (1) Colors (1) CorelDraw (17) curves (1) Distortion (1) download (1) Effects (6) Export (1) extrude (2) File Types (2) Frames (1) Freehand (1) Gadget (1) Hardware (1) Illustration (8) levels (1) logo (1) Mac (4) mask (7) mesh (1) Newsletter (1) Office (1) PC (3) Pen (5) photography (1) photopaint (4) Photoshop (2) Platforms (3) plugin (1) pointers (1) PostScript (1) practice (1) Printing (1) RAVE (1) shortcuts (3) Site planing (1) Text (6) Theory (7) tips (1) Training (8) tricks (5) Vector (6) Web (1) Web Page (2)
How to Draw Hands: 35 Tutorials, How-To’s, Step-by-Steps, Videos, Studies, Poses and Photo References | Drawn in BlackHow to Draw Hands: 35 Tutorials, How-To’s, Step-by-Steps, Videos, Studies, Poses and Photo References 21 Comments | October 19, 2009 I’ve ...
The Aging Process - Worth1000 Tutorials
For commands that you use frequently, it is practical to use a shortcut key to apply the command. But with all the available commands, it c...
by Steve Bain With the introduction of powerful new drawing aids in CorelDRAW® 12, the Corel engineering team needed to change a key featur...
by Steve Bain If you're one of the millions of professional illustrators, designers, or layout artists who use CorelDRAW® Graphics Sui...
The most common way to create a layout is to use guidelines to help you align all the elements in the document. But when you need to change...
By Steve Bain Looking to add a little magic to your digital images? For some time now, Corel PHOTO-PAINT® has provided many different ways ...
By Steve Bain As anyone new to printing from a graphics application can tell you, print errors can sometimes be a scary and costly experi...
A Detailed Look at the 960 CSS Framework | Nettuts+
How to Draw Purchase the ebook by clicking the "Buy Now" button at the bottom of the page. After completing the purchase you wi...
- Creating GEL Text
- Blossoming Ideas for Cool Distortion Effects
- Snap to It with CorelDRAW® 12
- A Clever New CorelDRAW® 12 Drawing Tool
- Using Corel PHOTO-PAINT 12 to Enhance Your Digital...
- Creating Web Pages In Corel R.A.V.E.™ 3.0
- Tile Printing From CorelDRAW® Graphics Suite 12
- Demystifying the CorelDRAW® Graphics Suite 12 Post...
- New Dynamic Guides Will Change the Way You Draw
- How to create a newsletter with CorelDRAW 12
- Stepping into Color Management with CorelDRAW Grap...
- Is It Time for a Pen Tablet?
- CorelDRAW® 12 Node Tracking: Friend or Foe?
- Design Your Own Picture Frames in Corel PHOTO-PAIN...
- Office Suite Exporting Made Easy with CorelDRAW 12...
- Fixing Sunny Day Shadows and Color Casts with Core...
- CorelDRAW Tutorials Create Classic Masterpieces i...
- Understanding Macintosh® and Windows® File Types
- Setting Up a Mac®-Win Network
- Two Ways To Port Files Across Platforms
- Porting Files Across Platforms: Overview
- Separating A Mask From A Cropped Bitmap In CorelDR...
- Extracting Clipping Paths From Corel PHOTO-PAINT
- Moving Clipping Paths Between Photoshop and Corel®...
- Porting Masked Bitmaps Between Illustration Progra...
- Porting a Masked Bitmap From Macromedia® FreeHand ...
- Porting a Masked (Cropped) Bitmap From CorelDRAW
- Using Masks in Illustration Programs
- Shortcuts And Pointers For The Pen
- Shortcuts And Pointers For The Pen
- Pen Tutorial Practice Templates
- Keyboard Shortcuts For The Pen Examples
- Keyboard Shortcuts For The Pen
- Working With Primitives (Predefined Shapes)
- The Anatomy of a Vector Illustration Part 4 - Summ...
- The Anatomy of a Vector Illustration Part 3A
- The Anatomy of a Vector Illustration Part 3
- The Anatomy of a Vector Illustration Part 2
- The Anatomy of a Vector Illustration Part 1
- Creating a Cracked Text Effect with Corel DRAW!
- Applying Mesh Fill
- Snap Art from Alien Skin Software
- Creating Animated Logos with Corel DRAW!
- Creating Drop Shadows with Corel DRAW!
- Creating 3D Buttons with Corel DRAW!
- Creating Contoured Text with Corel DRAW!
- Creating 3D Textured Text with Corel DRAW!
- Creating Complex Shapes with Corel DRAW!
- Creating Yahoo! Style Buttons with Corel DRAW!
- Creating a Page Curl Effect with Corel DRAW!
- ▼ February (50)
Powered by Blogger.